Of Primary Importance Podcast by ReallySchool: Ep. 11 - What does effective teaching and learning with technology look like in primary schools?
March 17, 2022
In this episode, we are joined by Mark Anderson. Mark is a global speaker, education technology expert, consultant, trainer and award-winning blogger and author, known as the ICT Evangelist. He is also Head of Education at NetSupport Group and he is an Independent Thinking Associate. In 2015, Mark moved on from his 20+ years in the classroom and various leadership roles to work with schools and teachers the world over.
In this episode we discussed ‘What does effective teaching and learning with technology look like in primary schools?’
Here are some of the questions I asked:
- What makes a good curriculum for teaching and learning with technology? What assistive learning and accessibility tools do you recommend for supporting primary pupils?
- How can schools improve teaching confidence in using tech for teaching and learning?
- Are there any particular training courses, books, resources etc. you recommend for teacher CPD?
- Teachers have a lot of accountability and time pressures impacting on teaching and learning, what teach can be used to help lessen the burden?
- What are some of the common misconceptions about using tech for teaching and learning?
- You are a huge believer in purposeful tech- how can schools ensure the edtech they are using is right for them?
You can follow Mark on Twitter at @ICTEvangelist
You can also check out his website and YouTube channel.