Welcome to another episode of #TipTopTipsEdu. In this episode I was thrilled to welcome Bukky Yusuf to the show.
For those not aware of Bukky’s work you certainly will by the end of this episode. A secondary Science teacher by trade, Bukky is a blogger, coach, senior leader and has many strings to her bow as you’ll discover in the episode.
Keeping things eighties themed with the questions in this episode, I prompted Bukky with several pertinent questions to try and gain some insights into areas and tips that would be of benefit to many educators.
Here are the questions that we covered, see if you can spot the song references!
· In a world where “it ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it”, what does that mean to you in terms of edtech and how do you apply that in practice?
· Stop, collaborate and listen – when edtech provides us with so many opportunities to stop and be mindful, collaborate with colleagues and others and provide opportunities to listen, how would you recommend going about that?
· We can sometimes see a few things blow up on social media with teachers – in a world where it’s important to show “a little respect” - how can we do that better as a teacher using #EduTwitter
· Thinking about career planning and that sometimes, “The only way is up” - what advice would you give to an NQT looking to progress in their career?
· “If you could turn back time”, what tips would you give yourself about engaging with edtech companies and using their products in school?
As you might expect, these questions brought about some fantastic responses and conversations, but you’ll have to watch or listen to the episode to hear the insights shared!
Watch the episode back here:
To learn more about Bukky, her work and her various social accounts, please visit Bukky’s blog at https://teachleadco.wordpress.com/ where you’ll find everything you need. You can also follow Bukky on Twitter here. Thanks to Bukky for taking some time out of her busy schedule to catch up and share her #TipTopTipsEdu on the show. Thank you!